Select Page

Frequently Asked Questions

Graduate Sooner

than You, May Think

If you’ve previously attended college, served in the military or have qualifying work experience, you may be able to leverage these experiences to receive credit toward your degree requirements at Northampton.

Why transfer to Nortrhampton?

Study Anytime, Anywhere

Northampton’s programs are designed to fit a busy life, giving you the flexibility you want, with 24/7 tech support available.


Can any employer verify my degree with the university?

Yes, your prospective employer can verify 24 hours online. Below is the links where you may verify.

For Enrolment Verification;

For Degree Verification:

Also, you can email.

Can I get my Degree Attestation or Validated by US Ministry of Foreign Affairs?

Yes, you can get your Diploma or degree attested by the US State Department and or any Embassy if you may desire at additional cost. The processing time can take 4-6 weeks.

Earn Credit for Prior Learning & Experience?

You can transfer in up to 75% of the qualifying credits needed for your degree allowing you to save up to 75% on tuition and earn your bachelor’s degree in as little as 9 months.

WHAT IS Transfer of Credit Policy?

Transfer Policy

NU students must submit official transcripts from previously attended post-secondary institutions. NU students submitting transcripts from international institutions must have an official evaluation from a DETC (Distance Education and Training Council). The deadline for official transcripts and/or evaluations is prior to the first day of the second quarter/term of study. Students’ initial degree plans or schedules may change upon the receipt of official transcripts and/or international credential evaluation(s). Students may be allowed to apply for transfer credits from external institutions after the first term of study at the discretion of the appropriate academic administrator. Once students are in the last session of their degree program, no PLA credit will be awarded. Students currently enrolled at NU or reentry students must seek prior approval from the appropriate academic administrator should they enroll in a course with the intention to apply transfer credit.

Following are general policies for the evaluation and award of transfer credit at each NU campus:

  1. Earned degrees from accredited institutions with articulation agreements with NU can be evaluated for block transfer.
  2. All other official college and military transcripts are evaluated on a course-by-course basis in accordance with NU policies.
  3. Only undergraduate courses completed with a “C” (or equivalent) or above will be eligible for transfer credit at the undergraduate level. This assumes at least a 2.0 on a 4.0 grading scale.
  4. Only courses representing freshman-level or higher collegiate, degree-applicable course work will be eligible for transfer credit which excludes pre college level or remedial level courses.
  5. Comparable course-to-course transfer may be approved from accredited institutions based on demonstrated learning competencies consistent with NU’s academic policies and standards in lieu of credit requirements.
  6. Transfer credit from other institutions may not exceed 12 credits at the graduate level. Only graduate level courses completed with a “B” (or equivalent) or above will be eligible for transfer credit at the graduate level. This assumes at least a 3.0 on a 4.0 grading scale. Graduate applicants should contact the Prior Learning Office for institutional processes concerning the transfer of academic credit.
  7. Students enrolled in undergraduate degree programs must complete a minimum of 25 percent of their degree program credits in residence in order to qualify for graduation from NU. Courses that do not apply toward program requirements may not be used in the calculation for residency requirement of 25 percent of the total number of credits for the student’s program of study.
  8. Notwithstanding the above policies and procedures, all transferred course credit is subject to review and approval by Academic Affairs.
  9. Any degree plans or schedules are tentative pending the receipt of official transcripts.
  10. Academic certificate programs have a transfer credit limit of two courses.


Professional Training/Certification Credit?

Many adult learners have acquired formal training outside of credit-granting institutions, such as military training or company training with officially documented clock hours/continuing education units (CEUs). Many of these programs carry American Education Council (AEC) recognition and credit recommendations and will be accepted according to NU academic credit equivalency requirements. Other documented training measured in clock hours, CEUs, or other units may be evaluated for prior learning assessment credit awards based on appropriate credit conversions.

Students that have acquired formal training outside of the sponsorship of traditional credit-granting institutions (including certificate training with officially documented clock hours or CEUs, or other company training) may be eligible for proficiency credit awards. If the training in question is documented, verifiable, and meets specified NU course objectives, it may meet the requirements for an award of proficiency credit (designated by a grade of “PR”). Other clock hour or CEU programs and courses listed on an official institutional transcript may have a credit award based on appropriate credit conversions through the same internal review process.

If a student has already completed professional training/certification, they should submit documentation to the Registrar’s Office.

Can I get my Diploma attested by the US State Department?

Your diploma can be attested by the U.S State Department the processing time 4 weeks. 

Can I get my Diploma validated by the Accreditation body?

You can request a validation stamp to be placed on your diploma the processing time 4 weeks. This validation is an endorsement by accreditation body quality assurance. The following bodies will assist you with Validation Stamp.

Distance Education and Training Council (DETC)

Higher Learning Commission

 American Education Council

Newcastle Regulation UK


 and Higher Learning Commission.

Can I get my Diploma Apostille by the state?

An “apostille” is a form of authentication issued to documents for use in countries that participate in the Hague Convention of 1961. An Apostille is issued as an attachment and will validate the authenticity of your document to the foreign entity you are required to present your document to.

Obtaining an Apostille or Embassy Legalization

Obtaining an apostille documents can be a difficult process. In most cases, you will need to obtain an original, certified copy of the document you are required to apostille. Once obtained, the original document will have to be submitted to the issuing Secretary of State or the US State Dept for apostille. The biggest challenge in the apostille process is the unique document and Secretary of State or State Dept requirements one must meet before the document is valid for apostille. This is why One Source Process, Inc. offers a commitment free document review process that will ensure your documents meet all the requirements necessary for Apostille or Legalization. We will prepare, file and obtain your apostille on your behalf in the most convenient and professional manner. All you need to do is complete

Purpose of University Verification??

University verification is a process of verifying educational documents from the university where it was issued by an authorized officer. It is a mandatory requirement for identifying fake certificates while applying for higher studies in foreign countries. Degree certificate verification is necessary to prove the authenticity of the documents.

The main purpose of degree certificate verification is to prove the genuinity of the educational certificates submitted by you while you apply for higher studies in foreign universities. A verified degree certificate issued from the university proves that you meet the requirements to apply for higher studies as per your academic credits. The most important purpose of university certificate verification is to identify fake documents and reduce the scam related to the issuance of fake documents.

Degree certificate verification is also required to get better employment opportunities abroad. A verified college degree proves that you have necessary academic credentials for the job you are applying for.



When you apply for the visa of any country, it is a prerequisite to submit documents for verification. The country for which you are applying for visa needs to know the authenticity of the submitted documents; therefore, they require you to attest your documents from their respective embassies in your home country. In case of the absence of an embassy in your country, you shall approach the nearest consulate of that country.


All embassy attestation required for verifying the authenticity of the documents. The authentication commonly known as attestation proves the authenticity of the documents. If you are applying for a job in Foreign Country, the authorities need to verify and confirm the documents to prove its authenticity. Therefore, you are asked to attest the documents from the embassy or consulate in your home country. Actually the embassy attestation process has to be done from the country, where it has been issued, not from the home country of the candidate, but it can be. Later, these documents are again cross-checked and verified by the MOFA attestation is mandatory for getting admission in schools and universities in the home country, forgetting family/residence visa, for sponsoring your spouse, for starting a business and getting the licenses or approvals etc.


Notary Attestation?

Notary Attestation: Notary attestation is required for attesting personal documents. Notary attestation has to be done from Notary of the state where the document was issued. After the attestation, it has to be attested from the concerned state home departments.

Student Support provided?

Student Support Provided
  • Accelerated degree programs
  • Truly affordable tuition
  • Maximum number of transfer credits
  • E-textbooks provided without additional cost
  • Proctors provided free of charge
  • International student body provides cross cultural atmosphere
  • International networking capabilities for students
  • Dynamic relations in an online environment for enhancing peer-to-peer learning 
  • Programs designed for working professionals, new classes starting every Monday
  • Trained Academic Advisors for each student
  • Free Workshops designed to promote continued learning and increase knowledge application
  • Writing and Testing Center

Transfer Credit Guide?.

Students who have past credits they are looking to receive transfer credit for must submit unofficial transcripts for evaluation prior to beginning the first term of study. Our guide explains in more detail what the general policies are for evaluating and awarding credit.

Transfer of Credit from NU to Other Colleges and Universities?

NU neither implies nor guarantees, that credits earned, will be accepted by other institutions. Each campus has policies that govern the acceptance of credit from other institutions. Transfer of credit is a privilege granted by the institution to which a student may seek admission. Students seeking to transfer credits earned at NU to other postsecondary institutions should contact the college or university to which they seek admission to inquire as to that institution’s policies on credit transfer and acceptance.

How does NU Distance Learning compare to traditional and does NU offer programmes through local institutions in foreign countries??

It’s simple really. There are no lectures to attend on-site anywhere, no fixed timetable and your study portal is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week! The qualification you gain at the end of your course is the same as any other UK/US university course.

We provide you with all the study materials you need online, a team of expert tutors and other support to help you gain your Degree, Master’s or other qualification.

The only difference between a qualification from NU and a more traditional on-site university is the flexible way we deliver the course. We offer:

Studying online gives you everything you need, plus you still get support from us from the moment you apply, with our friendly NU Admissions Team on hand to answer any questions you have about your chosen course.

Throughout your course, you’ll also have a dedicated course tutor who can be emailed if you need help with your studies and we even have a community for our NU students so you can get in touch with others on your course. NU also offers programmes in many countries through Learning and Examination Centres so you can attend classes in your city.


Nullam id dolor id nibh ultricies vehicula?

Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.

In which State in the United States is University established?

The University is licensed by the State of Delaware,USA and its license No. 7360562


Is the University Accredited ?

The University is established in the State of Delaware, USA and its license No. 7360562

License, Approval, and Accreditation


Higher Learning Commission Pakistan ?

The University applies for Overseas students from Pakistan for Equivalency Certificate with HEC and recognition. this process can take 6-12 weeks to complete the process.