BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN
Within the context of each, students are provided with the opportunity to acquire relevant skills and knowledge.
The program has three overarching goals:
1. Provides a framework in applying appropriate business models in decision-making situations.
- Interpret and analyze accounting information for efficiency and continuous performance improvement
- Apply concepts and principles for marketing resources, goods and services
- Understand the basic principles of corporate finance and how capital markets operate
- Understand how and when to use basic statistical analysis
- Will understand (A.S. level)/ analyze (B.S. level) fundamental principles of economics and how they apply to business decisions
- Identify and analyze business problems and opportunities and formulate recommendations for courses of action (B.S. level)
- Identify opportunities for new business ventures, and evaluate their potential for success (B.S. level)
2. Covers the knowledge and skills needed to perform effectively within a team environment.
- Lead and/or co-lead collaborative projects using team building skills to accomplish group goals apply their knowledge of basic components and interactions between hardware and software to create programs to solve computing problems
- Understand the basic principles of organizational theory and the relationship between employees and organizations
- Understand the principles of setting performance goals, and monitoring, mentoring and motivating employees (B.S. level)
3. Enhances a command of applying ethical reasoning to business situations
- Demonstrate how business behavior and policies can leave a lasting effect on society, and how some portions of society may be affected differently
- Develop self-awareness with respect to management style, time management, and sensitivity to diversity in the workplace
- Recognize the need to respond to ethical and legal concerns relating to human resource and organizational management (B.S. level)
[Note: The Associate of Science degree level has many goals in common with the Bachelor of Science degree level. This reflects the fact that students at the Associate’s level complete the same Year 1 and Year 2 program requirements. Because students at the Bachelor’s level then complete additional requirements in the major, they are expected to achieve these goals at a higher developmental level.]